India is gifted with rich sources of traditional medicine which require documentation, conservation and scientific validation. This ginger therapy was followed from the book, Ayurveda Secrets of healing by Maya Tiwari. This was introduced by S. Pari, a software engineer,for his father G. Shanmugam who suffered from kidney failure. The post on youtube claims that it restored the failed kidney function to the normal level and he stopped dialysis.
Procedure for Ginger Massage
1. Take 125 g of washed ginger and cut them into pieces and grind in a mixie.
2. Put this crushed ginger in a white cloth and tie it.
3. Boil about 3 litres of water. When bubbles come, put the cloth tied ginger into the boiled water. Close the hot pot with a plate.
4. Keep the stove in sim (low flame) for 20-30 minutes.
5. Put off the stove and leave the pot in the closed condition for 5 minutes.
6. Bring the ginger water pot near the patient and ask the patient to lie down on his stomach exposing the back. (Stomach down posture)
7. Soak a small Turkish towel (Bath towel) in the hot ginger water, squeeze it partially and spread the towel over the lower portion of the patient’s back.
8. Remove the towel when it cools (or dried) out to warm stage and squeeze it into another vessel. Again soak it in the hot ginger water and put it on the patient’s back.
Please note every time before putting the towel on patient’s back, close the ginger vessel immediately to avoid loss of heat.
9. Repeat the above steps 7 & 8 till the water becomes warm for about 20-30 minutes.
10. When the massaging is over, wipe the back and gently rub the massaged area with 4 -5 drops of Gingili oil (Sesame Oil).
11. Discard the used ginger and water.
Advised to monitor Urea, Creatinine, Hemoglobulin level in Blood every month.
Monitor also the Colour, Odour and Volume of Urine.
Your urine output will increase and clinically you feel energetic too. We will appreciate if you circulate this to others, if found useful